Click here to go to my photography blog www.fulllifephotos.com

Monday, December 6, 2010

Cut to the Chase


Do I really put God first? 

How do I cut God out of my world? 

Do I make room for Him all through my day? 
Or do I try to squeeze Him in between my busyness?

Does technology get in the way of connecting with God and people, including my family? 

These are questions I considered this morning after studying the book of the prophet Isaiah. He was the real deal. He didn't sugarcoat. His words were plain and simple. Cut to the chase. Totally upfront and totally encouraging at the same time. Take some time to read about what God says through Isaiah (especially chapter 9:2-7) this Christmas. 

So here is the real me. No shower. No makeup. Up close and personal. Gasp!

Still in my bathrobe at almost noon. No bonbons were in sight, but they sure were in mind! Just used my little remote on manual with window light for this photo that is a part of the self-portrait challenge over at http://www.iheartfaces.com.  Click on the button below to see some amazing shots that won't make you gasp like mine did! :)








20 comments:

JaimeFlemingPhotography said...

Beautiful image. so perfectly exposed. nice work!

MPE by Irela said...

What a great capture. ;)

Mindy said...

Lovely picture and very challenging questions!

Unknown said...

You look beautiful! So real! Love the exposure, composition, and lighting!

Christina said...

You are a lovely subject. I really like the idea of wearing one's robe until noon!

Lisa Smiley said...

love this...and how neat to ask yourself these questions even in the busiest of times!

Caroljean at Watersong Journey said...

Thanks for being easy on me guys! Don't always wear my robe til noon, but it is so comfy! :) These are hard questions...need some balance! Love your shots!

Dana-from chaos to Grace said...

I just finished Isaiah last month! In fact, just finished reading the Bible through in a year for the SECOND time in a row! YAY!!!

LOVE the photo! I think it is simple and yet so complex and beautiful all at the same time! PRECIOUS message!

Unknown said...

beautiful in all your morning glory! A self-portrait for self-reflection---very nice!

Tracy said...

This is lovely, Carol. Both your photo, and the post! What song is this? It's great! (Now I just realized the songs change -- it's the one "Take another picture..", etc. Love it!)

Skeller said...

no gasping in horror by me. I think you're beautiful - as is this self-portrait. I love your composition as accompanied by your thoughts and questions. [and I'm typing this while wearing my soft fuzzy green pjs. ;-)]

Caroljean at Watersong Journey said...

I am so glad that each of you enjoyed my thoughts during all my "morning glory" LOL! Skosh made me laugh! Dana, good for you on being so consistent with your reading... :) Susan, thanks for taking time to comment in your fuzzy pjs...we now share a bond! ha!

Tracy, friend, thanks for sharing your kind thoughts....and if you want you scroll down to bottom right of of my blog to see the song list...that one is fun isn't it ?

Maria said...

Lovely picture and even lovelier thoughts. :0)

tara lynn said...

beautiful carol...this photo captured kind of a thoughtful peace...gorgeous.
Isaiah has been a powerful study...

Caroljean at Watersong Journey said...

Thanks, Tara! Isn't it awesome how when we "turn our eyes on Jesus" then the worries of this world grow strangely dim...living out His imparted peace moment by moment remains a struggle for me...but part of the journey :) joy comes in the morning!

Caroljean at Watersong Journey said...

Maria, glad you enjoyed my thoughts and pic...yours was "super" ...ha! :) You look the same now as then to me!

Anonymous said...

CJ, how did I miss this! What a wonderful picture - I love it! You look beautiful :) Trudy

Caroljean at Watersong Journey said...

Thanks for sayin, Trudy Ruth! :)

Kristi said...

Wonderful post...a natural beauty, perfect props, and wonderful words. Blessings to you!

Caroljean at Watersong Journey said...

Thanks Kristi! Blessings to you also and love your pics and blog!