Click here to go to my photography blog www.fulllifephotos.com

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Pony Rides Make Magical Moments



We had so much fun at a recent farm birthday party that included
pony rides and all kinds of creatures to touch, hold, and/or observe (and smell)!
Wish I could share pics of them all! Not sure which one I like the best,
but this is one my favorites as it captures the mood of the party,
 the gentleness of the pony (like his green lipstick?), and the excitement of my little girl.

In the past, she has been a bit afraid of horses, but seems to be warming up to them now.
She has finally gotten comfortable feeding them grass. She says their lips tickle her palm!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

So, you know how I love a good photo challenge and look forward every week
to seeing how other photographers interpret the theme for the week over at iheartfaces.com.
This photo was entered into the iheartfaces.com "Pets" challenge.
You can view some of the cutest pet faces EVER, by clicking on the link below


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful capture!!! I love the selective focus and the story that is so evident. Well done, friend!

Anonymous said...

fabulous picture!!

Barb C said...

Great picture!!!

Valerie said...

He looks like such a sweet pony too. Nice shot.

BindiM said...

You can almost see the pony's character from your picture. Lovely!

Unknown said...

So sweet! Love this!

Caroljean at Watersong Journey said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments! So many cute furry faces to choose from this week....who could choose? Okay, Amy, where is your entry? I know you will blow us away...can't wait to see! :)

Dale said...

Great picture. I love the focus - it is hard to not always highlight the children but in the case it works perfectly. Fanatastic job !

Adrienne Zwart said...

Carol, I love your daughter's smile. The colors in this shot are so pretty and vibrant! The pony looks sweet and gentle--so sweet.

Caroljean at Watersong Journey said...

Thanks sweet ladies...your comments are much appreciated! Unfortunately, my dial got switched somehow and all my photos from this bdparty were jpegs...but I am not sure it matters that much with animals unless you have blown spots?? Anyway, the pics this week are amazing! :)

Drew said...

We have a place near us that also does birthday parties with miniature ponies. How fun is that? I bet your little girl was in heaven!

Caroljean at Watersong Journey said...

You are right about that! She loves horses now. Sorry I didn't see your comment until now ;).