Click here to go to my photography blog www.fulllifephotos.com

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Amazing Black and Blue

Okay, so...I am really embarrassed. Might as well 'fess up....tell the whole blog community, right? My daughter went to school today with unmatched socks. Yes, that's right...just call me "mother of the year. And, to make matters worse, one of them was her daddy's! How did I miss that? One very black men's dress sock and one very sweet navy blue little girl's knitted knee sock upon the plump legs of my precious kindergartner! Ugh! If she hadn't been wearing a skirt,  it might not have been so bad!

Good thing about my dear daughter is that she kind of liked the attention. She made her problem into a positive and used her mismatched socks as a "conversation piece." She hopped and skipped happily, chattering incessantly about her black and blue adornment, as if she were the Belle of the Ball. Her hosiery held her highest fascination. Not a care in the world. It didn't matter.

Sometimes she amazes me. She is my little rose...a beautiful gift from God. And, it amazes me that I can learn so much from an almost six-year-old....only two more sleeps! What an adventure....what a joy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! She is a precious rose. We can learn so much from kids. :) Trudy

Anonymous said...

That's funny! Yea, she even told Dad that her socks didn't match when we were on the way to school and being the observant and sensitive Dad that I am, I just said "that's nice" and didn't even look. Johnny/Dad

Caroljean at Watersong Journey said...

Thanks guys! Yes, you are a sensitive dad!