Click here to go to my photography blog www.fulllifephotos.com

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What is the Water Song?

You may be wondering what I am talking about when I mention that I want to hear the "water song."  Well, the Water Song is actually a poem written by Hannah Hurnard in her well-known book, Hinds' Feet On High Places.  Here is a copy:

Come, oh come! let us away--
Lower, lower every day, 
Oh, what joy it is to race
Down to find the lowest place. 
This the dearest law we know--
"It is happy to go low."
Sweetest urge and sweetest will,
"Let us go down lower still."
Hear the summons night and day
Calling us to come away.
From the heights we leap and flow
To the valleys down below.
Always answering to the call,
To the lowest place of all.
Sweetest urge and sweetest pain,
To go low and rise again.

I love this book and its theme. So, I have taken on this poem name for my blog site, in hopes that I will gain the faith and courage to truly live out the theme of the book...happily going lower for Him, in order to be led to new heights of love, joy and victory with Him.

Blessings and until the next time, Carol

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Carol, Love your blog!

It's funny - on this exact date, one year ago, I started my blog! Great minds think alike, uh?

Very nice writing, and I really like the poem...

Tracy

Caroljean at Watersong Journey said...

Cool! How can I get to your blog? Curious minds think alike! :)

Caroljean at Watersong Journey said...

Oh! I just checked it out...clicked on your photo and wahla! Love it!

Anonymous said...

This is truly inspiring! I am a blessed man to have a wife who seeks after the things of God and not the things of this world. Johnny

Deborah said...

I love this book and I love this poem!

Anonymous said...

French:
Voila

Unknown said...

I like this book, too. I searched for the song and found your blog. I agree with your opinion. And it's so good to know more about our Creator's character and be one in Him.