Click here to go to my photography blog www.fulllifephotos.com

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cracking Myself Up Experiment

I love a good belly laugh, don't you? My five-year-old daughter is the best belly-laugher I know. She actually took this photo of me (with my big dslr). God knew what He was doing when He put us together! It was a match made in heaven; she with her big, bubbly charming self, and me with my careful, analytical approach. But I do have lighter side, and it needs to be nutured. Actually, laughter through tears is my favorite emotion (and is also one of my favorite movie quotes from Steel Magnolias). Anywho, we have all heard the statistics about children laughing 300 more times than adults. And how laughter is good for your overall health. I love the quote by Milton Berle, "Laughter is an instant vacation." Seems like I need a vacation every week...how about you?

Instant laughter vacations help me get in touch with my lighter side. I get so caught up in the doing, that it is easy for me to forget to enjoy the journey. So this is the reason that I have devised my "Cracking Myself Up" experiment.

I have simply decided to try to see how often I can make myself laugh about situations ...not necessarily so others will know about it, but sort of with mental talk, hoping the Spirit will nudge me and say, "Hey, you! How can this be an opportunity to build some of My joy into your life, and therefore, give it to others." I hope to become more focused on this because, it is so true, "The joy of the Lord is our strength," Nehemiah 8:10.  I need His joy in order to be strong against the winds that sometimes blow me off course and bring fear or anger or some other negative emotion into my life.

In future blogs, I hope to share some of my successes related to this laughter experiment. I am not going to try to make a definite blog schedule...then I would lose my joy in the doing! If you have a similar success story, I would love to hear about it :).

2 comments:

Adrienne Zwart said...

So glad to have met you!

I love to hear my youngest giggle. It is such a sweet bubbly sound, completely uninhibited. You are right, we all could use a little more of that in ourselves!

Caroljean at Watersong Journey said...

Hey girl! Loved getting to meet you also! EnJOYed it so much! Best to you on your journey and many prayers!