Click here to go to my photography blog www.fulllifephotos.com

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sweet Silhouettes

I Heart Faces - Sweet Silouettes




























Thought I would share these two simple silhouette images I shot recently during an assignment for an online photography course. The one on the left is of a young couple who were kind enough to let me capture an intimate moment of them by the river just minutes before sunset. It was such a joy to pray and see God bring me just the right subject at just the exact time. Simple right? Just pray and get an answer. Why don't I do this all the time? I simply went to where I thought was a good place, prayed, (worried a bit), and waited. I know God doesn't always work this way. He isn't some genie in a bottle. He is the Master of the Universe! I just thought it was wonderful how He chose to speak to little 'ole me in this very simple, sweet way. I don't know about you, but it is easier for me to accept that the Lord works in the lives of other people than it is for me to accept that He wants to work in mine....know what I mean? "The Lord longs to be gracious to you...He waits on high to have compassion on you," Isaiah 30:18.

On the right, is my dh and dd who posed on the hill downtown where people slide down on cardboard...not sure what that place is called :).  We just happened upon it when we were looking for a good silhouette spot. Btw, I entered the one on the left (in another version) in the iheartfaces.com silhouette photo challenge this week! This one is no prize winning photograph, but you can see why it is special to me. And, I love the emotion of the moment...they seemed like this may have been a first kiss?? (Check out some of the amazing shots at iheartfaces, if you get a chance).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well stated, this is so true that we often find it easier to accept God working in other peoples life than our own. Johnny (your bhf)

Caroljean at Watersong Journey said...

Funny, bhf! Thanks for affirming my statement :) and sharing the love!

Alisa said...

Carol, I love your blog and your profile, great photos btw. I'm going to be a regular ;)

Caroljean at Watersong Journey said...

Alisa! I am so happy to have you! I am keeping up with you, girl! :)